Saturday 7 November 2009

An Egg Donor's experience of India

A man once said that we need to be the change we want to see in the world. I suppose that not all donors share the same reason for donating but because we are one fruit, from one tree, there is, most certainly a common thread in our purpose.
This line of thinking was strengthened by my most recent adventure. Exploring India with some of the most wonderful women ever, gave me back pieces of me I thought I had lost. These women, these amazing and extraordinary women who are selfless and kind and who think of others- they became my friends and together we took our journey.

Our journey took us all the way from South Africa to India and I think the experience all in all was exciting and frightening at the same time. I was nervous about the clinic and the doctors but as soon as I met Dr Shivani, I knew we were all in good hands. She is such a great doctor who took such care with us, knowing that we were far from home. The clinic is lovely and the staff is accommodating and hospitable. Sharing this experience with others was absolutely amazing as we donors do not often get to interact. I think we all played a large part in each other’s donations and I am so thankful I had so much support and love.

Delhi itself is amazing and although Agra is very dirty and poverty stricken, it was thought provoking and spiritual. Standing in front of the Taj Mahal and in the great hall of the Lotus Temple, I was filled with such intense feelings- spiritual and reflective. My couple and all that I hoped for them, featured predominantly in my mind.

Being a donor is not a simple task but it is one that is more fulfilling and more enriching that any experience on earth. Knowing that you are contributing towards bringing new life into this world and making someone’s dreams come true is phenomenal and gratifying and I hope that more women will consider doing this. It is life changing and miraculous and once you have experienced something like this; you simply don’t want to stop. I know, I don’t. I want to be the change I see in the world.

***** ***** ***** *****

Global Egg Donors is an agency that facilitates the process of providing egg donors of different nationalities, from Caucasian to African and all in-between. Global Egg Donors will coordinate all the logistical details and medical screening of your chosen donor to travel to India for the IVF procedure. Global Egg Donors' comprehensive program includes interviewing, matching; and the coordination of all clinical and psychological screening, legal documents, medical and financial services. For more information please go to:

http://www.globaleggdonors.com/

Global Egg Donors recommends our practice as the number one choice for those pursuing surrogacy in India. Please contact Robin for further information

robin@globaleggdonors.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this article in your blog.It was very nice.Looking for more..................

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much for the feedback
    Dr Shivani

    ReplyDelete